Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2019

This week in Room 106, Week 16

This week in Room 106, Week 16


Below are the I-can statements from the past week:

  • I can state the natural characteristics and resources in Michigan.
  • I can write a paragraph describing the natural characteristics from a map.
  • I can describe the attributes of geometric shapes. 
  • I can compare geometric shapes: quadrilaterals. 
  • I can code digital animation games alone and with a partner on SCRATCH. (PLTW)
  • I can find the meaning of unknowns words in grade level text using a variety of strategies: implore and procession. 
  • I can reread the sentence slowly and the sentence before and after the unknown to find the meaning, using in my head, picture clues and text clues. 

Project Leads the Way ends this Friday, 12/20/19. Please help me say, Thank you to Mrs. Kipp-Dohn, as she concludes her assignment at Dicken. Hopefully, she is scheduled to return to Dicken in the Fall. 

Over break, there will be a reading challenge of 7 hours which averages about 45 minutes a day. I am not sending homework; however, I would like students to practice math facts (0, 1's 2's, 5's and 10's). Use a variety of methods to practice: paper and pencil, flash cards, and website games/ apps.
On my blog there is a link under Math games that will allow your child to pick a drill (practice) game to practice facts. A couple times a week is suffice.

University of Michigan Empowerment Program

There is still time to sign up for the free 12-1week program offered only for 1st and 3rd graders at Dicken. The program will teach life social skills and conflict resolution at Dicken. More than 1/2 of the class has signed up. University of Michigan will conduct interviews as a baseline to gauge where the students are prior to beginning the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment