Translate

Friday, January 31, 2020

This week in Room 106, Week 20


This week in Room 106, Week 20

This week was beyond busy: 2 NWEA test, 1 Math unit test, and a field trip.
Below are a few I- can statements from this week:

I can explain both perspectives of the encounter of the Native Americans and Europeans in Michigan in early 1600’s.
I can choose a perspective and write a historical fiction journal entry/ narrative with a realistic conflict and solution.
I can show feelings in my narrative.
I can review and assess my knowledge of quadrilaterals, perimeter, area and measurement.
I can read a thermometer.
I can begin to research weather patterns, clothing, and food in a seasonal destination for fictional vacation in February: sunny beach, snowy activity, hiking, and camping/ fishing.
I can observe weather in an array of environments. (field trip)

Homework: (New Unit) 1 fraction worksheet and 2 worksheets on beginning multiplication
Due 2/6/2020

Upcoming dates:
Thursday, February 6, 2020: Jazzistry music 3rd grade workshop, 10:25- 11:15 AM
Monday, February 10, 2020: Annual NAAPID/ Parent Involvement day: All parents are welcome. Lunch provided by PTO.
Friday, February 14, 2020, Valentine’s Day card exchange optional and celebration, time TBA
Tuesday, February 25, 2020: Early release 1:29 PM All students and all schools, have a plan early

I sent Class list for optional Valentine’s cards or treats.  The class count is 24; if a student chooses to create or share Valentine’s cards, he or she must give one to everyone in the class. In the event, a student does not provide one for every student, that students cards will be collected. All students will receive a bag to decorate for their collecting Cards. We exchange cards, eat cookies and play 1 or 2 games.

I need of 2 basketballs for our basketball court. Please consider donating a new or gently used ball for practice and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment