Translate

Friday, February 21, 2020

This week in Room 106 Week 23

This week in Room 106 Week 23



I can statements for this week. Today we had a scripted safety drill guided by Mike Madison. I shared the correct information with the class about how to exit, safe locations inside/ outside, and communication while students used a safe location within the room. The time of the drill was on the board in green, 3:00 PM


  • I can use a helper fact to solve multiplication facts: 2's, 5's and 10's facts.
  • I can use doubling facts to solve unknown multiplication facts.
  • I can answer questions using a bar and picture graph. 
  • I can explain the difference between biography and realistic fiction (biography has real birthdates with actual places and factual information.)
  • I can learn lessons with characters in a book. (Winn Dixie)
  • I can compare and contrast characters.
  • I can find synonyms of words. (drill= practice)
  • I can explain the causes of Pontiac's rebellion in Michigan.
  • I can compare the causes of Pontiac's rebellion and the American Revolutionary War. (Wants were not met and conflicts causes wars.)
  • I can begin to understand why wars happen. 
  • I can begin to type a brochure for seasonal activity in a desirable location.
  • I can identify some of the American women trailblazers in aviation (flight). (Women's History/ American History)
  • I can identify some of the commonalities in American Presidents. (Presidents' Day)


Homework: Links 5.6 and 5.7 as well as practice multiplication facts using a variety of strategies
Suggested Order of learning multiplication facts:
10's
2's
5's
4's (Double the 2's
3's
6's
9's
8's (Double the 4's)
7's
Optional: 11's (easy) and 12's

You can use the game link on my blog (to the left at the top) for additional practice. The old school way of flash cards with pictures works as well. Don't forget to quiz your child orally too.)

Upcoming dates:

Tuesday, February 25, 2020: Early release, 1:29 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment