Translate

Saturday, February 29, 2020

This week in Room 106, week 24

This week in Room 106, week 24


Week 24 was a rather brief week due to the early release and 2 snow days: it was like receiving a bonus late winter break. Below are a few I can statements from the brief week:


  • I can explain how readers learn lessons from characters in fiction.
  • I can explain how readers learn lessons from authors in nonfiction.
  • I can write a friendly letter to a pen pal with an expository paragraph about Native Americans and the French.
  • I can analyze multiplication patterns in a number grid.
  • I can use doubling to solve multiplication problems.
  • I can answer questions from a picture and bar graph. 
  • I am beginning to memorize multiplication facts: 2, 5, and 10's.
  • I can explain the causes and effects of the Erie Canal, Michigan's population increased.
  • I can explain how the War of 1812 lead to Michigan's population increased.
  • I can record and analyze the weather. (winter collection data.)

Homework: Links 5.9 and 5.10

March at a Glance

Sunday, Mar. 8, 2020: Daylight Savings ends, spring forward
Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020: No school, Election day
Thursday, Mar. 26, 2020: Field Trip to Lansing, Michigan's capital, Tour capitol building,
                                         9:30- 3:30 PM*
Friday, Mar. 27, 2020: Field trip to U of M's Kid's Fair, IM building, 9:30- 1:30 PM*
Monday, Mar. 30, 2020: No school, Spring break
Tuesday, Mar. 31, 2020: No school, Spring break
Wednesday, Apr. 1, 2020: No school, Spring break
Thursday, Apr 2, 2020: No school, Spring Break
Friday, Apr. 3, 2020: No school, Spring Break


Chaperones are needed for both field trips. Ideally, I would like to use different chaperones for both trips; however, I will be collecting names of reliable parents for both trips. I must have chaperones for both trips.  Chaperones will be assigned by first come basis.
Thursday, Mar. 26: There is limited room on the chartered bus; however, parents are encouraged to car pool. (Lansing)
Friday, Mar. 27, 2020: There is plenty of room on the bus: it is a local trip. (Ann Arbor)


No comments:

Post a Comment