Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2020

This week in Room 106, Week 25

This week in Room 106, Week 25


The past week has been quite busy. Below are a few I can statements, students have learned.


  • I can find theme in fiction books/ passages.
  • I can apply theme to my life or someone I know. 
  • I can explain the moral of the story. 
  • I can use a square number multiplication fact to find other "nearby" facts.
  • I can break a multiplication fact into smaller parts. 
  • I can identify patterns in multiplication facts. 
  • I can create and produce a brochure for predestined location, with desirable weather for activities. (Students selected their weather activity first. The teacher only grouped "fun in the sun" into smaller groups. In other words, all were student led.)
      Roles: Writer, Editor, Researcher, and Typer
      Subtitles: Introduction, Activities, Clothes/ Weather, and Food
  • I can track the weather during Winter Season and determine the conditions for snow as precipitation.
  • I can explain the cause and effects of the War of 1812 for the Michigan territory.


Homework: Links 5.10 and 5.11 due Thursday

Unit 5 Test is Thursday, March 12, 2020.
Book orders are due next Wednesday.

Upcoming Dates:

Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020: No School, Election Day, Please Vote
Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020: Dress like your favorite Book Character.
Thursday, Mar. 12: EDM . Unit 5 Math Test
Friday, Mar. 13, 2020: Used Book Sale, during school hours
                                     Used Book Sale, Family night, 6-8 PM with librarian Allyson Jones, Mrs.                                              Karen Jones' daughter

The first permission (Lansing) slip is due as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment