Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2020

This week in Room 106, week 26 special edition

This week in Room 106, week 26 Special Edition

I sent home for 2 weeks, 1 week is spring break:
  • Complete Unit 6 EDM math home links (I typically cover 3-4 lessons a week with 2 links a week, so four sheets is ideal for now)
  • Read 2 Time For Kids articles with questions, reading
  • After reading one of the Time for Kids articles talks about pay of women; a writing prompt for an opinion letter: Should women be paid the same amount as men? 
  • Write a Pen pal letter (I printed letters afterschool today, so let me know if you want a scanned version) -Must include a paragraph about how Michigan gained statehood
  • Read a minimum of 2 books: fiction and nonfiction (review theme, main idea/ summary, organization) Read a minimum of 1 hour a day (40 + 20 minutes)
  • Practice math facts using blog,  https://headlineshubb.blogspot.com
  • Use Core 5 (Reading and Word Study) and Dreambox (Math), daily use 20-30 minutes each               Complete a minimum of 8 units a week on Core 5


I know it seems like a lot but I wanted to provide work to keep things as normal as possible. 

I will be contacting students and parents over the next 2 weeks but not over spring break. 

Email me if you need your pen pal letter, badge or log in information, I have both. 

This week in Room 106:

  • I can identify how Michigan became a state in 1837, with 4-5 event leading to it. Building schools and light houses, War of 1812, Appointed for governor Lewis Cass, Logging, End of Fur Trade, Erie Canal Completion
  • I can identify how the Toledo war was the war without words.
  • I can compare and contrast Weather brochures of other destinations, understanding average temperatures.
  • I can graph Winter Weather highs and lows.
  • I can assess my knowledge for Unit 5, EDM
  • I can find the theme in nonfiction, informational books.
  • I can identify an important issue in local and state governments. (mistreatment of pet)



No comments:

Post a Comment